Project: Air Handling Unit Replacement
Project Value: $139,592
Background: Intensive Care Unit in a 200 Bed Hospital required replacement of a rooftop HVAC unit on the roof of a 6 story building within a very short duration.
Intent: To complete the job over a 24-hour period.
Project Scope: The equipment had to be replaced in one day to keep temperature control issues to a minimum. It required the use of a very large crane with a long reach, careful coordination with electrical a subcontractor, automatic temperature controls contractor and a roofing contractor.
The project included the following:
- Providing design drawings for permits for mechanical electrical and plumbing trades including verifying roof support was adequate for the new unit.
- Selecting equipment that would fit on the existing roof curb as closely as possible and select a new curb adapter.
- Designating the crane location and crane size as well as the scope of barricading required and outlining scope of work and coordinating the efforts of the electrical contractor, temperature control contractor and roofing contractor.
- Obtaining permits
- Providing testing and balancing and commissioning once the unit was installed.
- The project was completed on time and within budget
- The customer was satisfied with the work completed.